मैं तो मुसाफ़िर हूँ, यहाँ थोड़ी देर चला जाऊँगा,
यहाँ के हालात देखकर मैं थोड़ा ठहर जाऊँगा।
कब, कहाँ, कौन-सी मंज़िल होगी मेरी, पता नहीं,
जाते-जाते फ़िज़ाओं में ख़ुशबू छोड़ जाऊँगा।
शिकारी ने अपना जाल फैलाया और बैठ गया,
मगर मैं आज उन परिंदों को बचाकर जाऊँगा।
उस दरख़्त की टहनी पर कुछ परिंदे भूखे बैठे हैं,
मुझे लगता है, मैं उनको दाना बिखेरकर जाऊँगा।
मेरी भी कुछ ज़िम्मेदारियाँ हैं, मैं कुछ करूँ यहाँ,
मुसाफ़िर हूँ तो क्या हुआ, मैं यादें छोड़ जाऊँगा।
मेरी ज़िंदगी तो यूँ ही बसर हो जाएगी सफ़र में,
लेकिन मैं अपने हिस्से की रोशनी फैला जाऊँगा।
✍️ ज़िशान आलम
English Translation
I Am Only a Traveler
I am only a traveler;
I will walk here for a little while and then leave.
Seeing the circumstances around me,
perhaps I will stop for a while.
I don't know when or where
my destination will be,
but before I leave,
I will leave a fragrance behind in the air.
The hunter has spread his net
and is sitting there, waiting,
but today,
I will save those birds before I leave.
Some hungry birds
are sitting on the branch of that tree.
I feel that before I leave,
I will scatter some grains for them.
I too have some responsibilities;
there is something I must do here.
So what if I am a traveler?
I will leave memories behind.
My life will pass by
as a journey anyway,
but before I leave,
I will spread the light
that belongs to me.
✍️ Zishan Alam