मैं ज़ख़्म हूँ—
वहाँ जाकर किससे मिलता,
नमक से तर-ब-तर कपड़े
वहाँ सबने पहने थे।
हर चेहरे पर एक मुखौटा,
हर ज़ुबान पर फ़रेब,
हर तरफ़ सन्नाटा था,
और दिलों में नफ़रत अनेक।
मैं वहाँ जाकर भी अकेला था,
क्योंकि हर कोई मुझसे दूर था।
मैंने वहाँ से निकलने की कोशिश की,
पर हर दरवाज़ा बंद था।
उस भीड़ में भी मैं
एक उम्मीद की किरण ढूँढ रहा था—
काश किसी के दिल में मेरे लिए
थोड़ी-सी जगह मिल जाए,
या मैं कहीं दूर,
किसी अनजान राह पर चला जाऊँ,
जहाँ मेरे दिल को
सुकून मिल जाए।
✍️ ज़िशान आलम
English Translation
I Am a Wound
I am a wound—
whom could I meet there?
Everyone wore clothes
soaked in salt.
There was a mask on every face,
deceit on every tongue,
silence all around,
and countless hearts filled with hatred.
Even there, I was alone,
because everyone was distant from me.
I tried to leave that place,
but every door was closed.
Even in that crowd,
I was searching for a ray of hope—
hoping that somewhere in someone's heart
I might find a little space for myself.
Or perhaps I should walk far away,
along some unknown path,
where my heart
could finally find peace.
✍️ Zishan Alam