बेशक हुक़ूमत भी तेरी,
क़लम भी तेरे, अख़बार भी तेरे,
अदालत भी तेरी, गवाह भी तेरे,
सबूत भी तेरे—सब के सब तेरे।
मेरा यहाँ क्या है?
तेरी अदालत में
तन्हा खड़ा हूँ मैं,
तेरी नज़रों से ही
फ़ैसला होगा मेरा।
गुनाह क्या है मेरा?
बस इतना है—
कि मैं हूँ।
मेरा वजूद
तेरी आँखों में खटकता है,
मेरी बेबाकी से डरता है,
मेरी बेबाक आवाज़
तुझे पसंद नहीं।
मेरे सवालों से
तुझे तकलीफ़ होती है,
मेरी बेख़ौफ़ी को
तू मेरा गुनाह समझता है।
तेरी हुक़ूमत के आगे
मैं बेबस नहीं हूँ।
मैं बेबाक हूँ,
मैं बेख़ौफ़ हूँ—
क्योंकि मैं हूँ।
✍️ ज़िशान आलम
English Translation
Because I Exist
Yes, the government is yours,
the pen is yours, the newspapers are yours,
the court is yours, the witnesses are yours,
the evidence is yours—everything belongs to you.
What do I have here?
I stand alone
in your court,
and my fate
will be decided by your eyes.
What is my crime?
Only this—
that I exist.
My existence
disturbs your eyes,
you are afraid of my boldness,
you do not like
my fearless voice.
My questions
trouble you,
and you consider
my fearlessness a crime.
But before your rule,
I am not helpless.